Monday, April 15, 2013

Marks of Motherhood

Why do they insist on calling them stretch marks? The name just sounds awful. OK. they are awful. But honorable, right? After all, most of us end up with at least a couple after having our precious children. I was lucky that I only ended up with a few after having Evan.

I’m hoping to go through this pregnancy without getting many more. Research says that getting stretch marks is genetic; if your mom has them, you will most likely end up with them as well. Unfortunately, there are few things we can do to prevent stretch marks. The recommendation I’ve been given by my doctor is to gain weight in moderation. In my quest to ward off any unnecessary “Marks of Motherhood,” along with staying active, I’ve bought what I’ve heard is a miracle in a tube. It’s called “Stretch Marks Double Action” by Mustela and I ordered it from Sephora. It has received rave reviews from other moms and I’ve had several people recommend it. I’ll check back in with you after baby girl is born to let you know if it does the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment