Thursday, April 4, 2013

Blueberry Cream Cheese Croissants

We had another great check up this week with our obstetrician Dr. Wesley Hodgson. Baby girl is looking good and all of her measurements are right on track. Whenever I hear him say everything is as it should be, it’s a tangible relief. It’s almost as if I can feel myself letting out a breath I’ve been holding since the last visit.  Evan was born early due to low amniotic fluid and was an emergency C-Section. I’ve been assured that the likelihood of this happening again is very small, but I still can’t help but ask Dr. Hodgson about it at every appointment. Obviously, Dr. Hodgson has done this a time or two before. He seems to understand my anxiety and has done a wonderful job addressing my concerns and questions. We did get to have another look at baby girl this week; she was moving around so much that we had to do an ultrasound to check her heart rate! Hubby and I didn’t mind one bit getting the opportunity to see her again.

The search for a name has started, but for now, we will continue to call her baby girl. It’s been quite amusing looking through the baby name books, and it has sparked several interesting conversations with the hubby. He really likes the more traditional names that have a nickname. On the other hand, I have picked a few that are more unusual, and I like the idea of using the full name. I love that he has been so involved in the whole process (though some of his suggestions have resulted in serious eye rolling on my part)!

Baby girl is on the move! There is nothing quite like it. I can now feel her little pokes and kicks all day long. Saturday morning she actually woke me up because she was so active. Needless to say, I was exhausted the rest of the day but I guess maybe that was her way of preparing me for the future. I still cannot believe that I am over halfway through my pregnancy and I couldn’t be more excited for the next few months.

Fun little fact I learned this week, she can now taste what I eat. She will now probably grow up to love lemonade, blueberry cream cheese croissants and peanut butter cups just like her mommy J.

No comments:

Post a Comment