Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It's a Girl!


We’re having a girl! I’m so excited to finally share the news. Hubby and I are beyond excited, and our families are couldn’t be happier. The gender reveal party was a huge success; it was definitely worth getting to see the looks on everyone’s face as they anxiously awaited the cake cutting. It was very important to me that we made this day special for our son, Evan. We wanted him to have a chance to know before everyone else, but without enough time to let his excitement cause him to share. When it came time to cut the cake, Tom and I asked everyone to leave the kitchen so we could cut the cake with Evan. I helped Evan cut into the cake and as we slid the knife out, pink frosting was visible. As soon as Evan saw this, his eyes got big and he excitedly whispered, “It’s a girl!” A few minutes later, we took the cake out to the guests, and Evan helped me lift up the slice of cake to reveal to our families that we were having a girl.

I thought for sure that baby Floyd was a boy for no other reason than a feeling. Hubby on the other hand, knew for sure that she was a girl. Right before we knew that we were pregnant, he had a dream of me in our bedroom holding a little baby girl. Looks like his dream will come true.  I know I am looking forward to not being the only girl in our house full of boys.

Now that we know baby Floyd is a girl, the search has begun for everything pink. I’ve promised to not go too crazy with the pink, but I must admit that I am very excited. Now that we know, I can’t wait to get started on the nursery! We have lots of shopping to do, poor daddy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment