Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Baby Bump Fashion

It’s safe to say I’ve officially transitioned into maternity clothes. I can still wear a lot of my clothes, but I don’t want to stretch out my nice tops and jeans.

Shopping is a bit of a hobby for me, and when I found out I was pregnant I was excited to treat myself to some designer maternity clothes. Now that I actually need to wear maternity clothes though, I’m realizing how little time I will actually wear them. Instead of spending money on clothes I won’t need in a couple months, I am trying to get through these next couple months by mixing some maternity clothes with my current wardrobe. Many maternity lines are expensive given the duration of time you’ll actually wear the clothes, especially if you don’t need them the first two trimesters.

My advice to my fellow pregnant ladies: maternity T-shirts, tanks and a pair of maternity leggings and jeans are must haves – no matter what season you’re pregnant.  Places like Target and Gap Maternity are great for these items; you don’t need to spend a fortune on a white T-shirt. The maternity leggings I have are from Gap Maternity; I bought them a while back when they had a sale. I seriously wear them every day. I don’t think my hubby sees me in anything else at home! I was able to pick up three maternity T-shirts at Target last week for $24, and they’re great quality. They’re nice and thick, but if they get ruined it won’t bother me to toss them.

Dresses will be what I live in this summer.  I find that I don’t necessarily need to buy maternity dresses. Any loose, stretchy dress that has a high waistline (a-line) or a stretchy-fitted dress -- if you want to show off your bump -- will work.

Maternity clothes don’t often go on sale, so take a trip to the outlets and visit your favorite stores. See what items will work for you, while also browsing the maternity stores. 

You can always mix in your own pieces too. Throw a favorite sweater over top of that cheap Target T-shirt, along with a funky necklace, and you’re all set! You can also use the belts you already have -- just put them above your belly. Rather than spending a fortune on clothes, use the money you’re saving to purchase fun accessories and shoes! I’m never one to say no to a splurge, so if you find something you have to have -- like that cute dress for your baby shower -- go for it! Just remember you can build an adorable maternity wardrobe without breaking the bank.

Happy Shopping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment