Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pregnancy Brain

Lately my pregnancy brain has become a borderline mental health problem. Have you ever had those moments where you get in your car, and then all of a sudden you’ve reached your destination and you wonder, “How did I get here?” Scary. Lately I’ve been notorious for making a “quick” grocery store run, only to come home and realize I forgot one item, usually the most important item. If I didn’t have my iPhone to remind me of just about everything, I don’t think I would make it through the day.
This week I thought I would share with y’all my most recent and embarrassing pregnancy brain story. It was laundry day and I had all of the laundry gathered and sorted in the laundry room. When the first load of laundry was finished I moved it to the dryer, turned it on and then placed the second load into the washer. When I later returned to the laundry room to move the second load into the dryer, I noticed that the items seemed less damp than usual. I threw it all in the dryer and turned it on. It wasn’t until I returned once more to pull the second load out of the dryer that I noticed the dirt on Evans baseball pants was still there and they still smelled like 8-year-old boy. This is when the light bulb went off and I realized that I never ran the washer. Talk about feeling dumb… 
Little Weekly Details.  I’ve officially outgrown most of my non-maternity clothes except for a couple of summer dresses.  If you were to randomly show up at my house you would most likely find me in a pair of maternity leggings and one of my husband’s t-shirts – very attractive, I know.
It feels like baby girl is starting to outgrow her space, I now notice more elbows and knee jabs instead of the fluid movements I used to feel. I’ve read that she should start putting on a half a pound a week now. I still worry about my weight. I only gained two pounds last month and fourteen pounds total, but Dr. Wesley Hodgson reassured me that I am fine. I go back for another appointment next week, so hopefully I’ll have packed on a few more pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment