Monday, June 24, 2013

Curiosity, Anticipation and Pre-baby Jitters

With only eight weeks to go, the thought of baby girl consumes just about every second of my day. I’ve even caught myself day dreaming. My favorite day dream is her and I at home those first few days after delivery. We are snuggled up on the couch during a feeding and all I can seem to do is hold and admire her. Every day my curiosity seems to grow – I cannot wait to see whose nose she will have, what color her hair will be and count her ten teeny toes!

I can’t help but wonder where I will be when my water breaks – will it be during the middle of a spin class or could it happen while I’m at work? Will my water even break at all? You name a scenario, and I’ve probably already considered it.

I am nervous about how labor will go – I feel very prepared and knowledgeable – but for the most part it’s not up to me where my water breaks or how delivery goes. Will I be able to have the immediate skin-to-skin time after she is born for bonding and breastfeeding? Are hubby and I fully prepared to bring her home? And then there’s the looming question – what if something goes wrong? I try not to dwell on this, but it’s hard to ignore. I know that no matter how her delivery develops, and regardless of whose nose she ends up with, I can’t wait to meet her.

Aside from being tired, it’s been another great week. I am starting to notice that it’s becoming more difficult to do certain activities at the gym now, but I’m still trying to go three to four times a week. Exercise has definitely played a key role in how I have felt during my pregnancy and I’m so glad I’ve stuck with it. I have had minimal back pain and I’m gaining weight in all the right places. I definitely credit this to the exercise. Baby girl seems to like it too; it seems that she gets a burst of energy afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment