Monday, July 29, 2013

Full Term Baby

It’s the little things that excite me now, like still being able to tie my shoes or knowing that baby girl is considered full term. I can’t believe she could come at any time. Overall I’m still feeling pretty good, but I’m slowly starting to feel impatient for her to be born. I have been having contractions pretty regularly – not like I’m in labor, but often and almost every day. They usually subside after a while. A few nights ago I had them for about an hour and they kept up even after laying down. It definitely had me beginning to wonder, but I kept it to myself. I didn’t want to send Tom running for the car keys. I’ve been lucky enough to have been able to keep up with my normal routine throughout this whole pregnancy. It makes me wonder where I’ll be and whether I will recognize it when labor starts in earnest.

Our check up this week with Dr. Wesley Hodgson went well, not a whole lot to report other than I’m not dilated at all yet. He told me not to be disappointed, that it’s still early and that some women do not dilate in advance. Naturally, I was disappointed anyway. Even though being somewhat dilated wouldn’t guarantee I won’t have a c-section, it would give me some sort of comfort knowing that my body is at least working on doing what it is supposed to. I guess I just have to wait it out and be patient – difficult after being pregnant for so many months.

Did I mention that the weather wasn’t so bad last week? Well, this week is a whole other story. It is absolutely unbearable outside right now. Between carrying extra weight and the added heat my body is generating, even taking the short walk from my office door to my car has me out of breath. Yuck, I’m hoping this heat wave doesn’t last too much longer, because I don’t think I can handle much more! Even a pool doesn’t provide relief because the water feels like bath water. Now I know why people say it’s hard to be pregnant over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment