Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Week behind Schedule




Between my hectic schedule at work and trying to finalize everything at home, I barely had a chance to write last week so I thought I would combine week 38 & 39.  Our medical camp program at the hospital is in full swing and it’s been a blast working with the kids – we even had a local TV station come out and film a few different camp sessions. I’ve also been in the process of training someone who will be taking over for me while I am out on maternity leave. It’s been so awesome working with her and knowing that I’m not leaving my co-workers in a bind while I’m gone. My evenings have been consumed with last-minute appointments and quality time with Evan and Tom. I’ve been trying to savor every moment of it being just the three of us.

Well, I can finally say that baby girl’s room is officially ready! I had so much fun working it, spending countless hours searching Pinterest for ideas. It took a crew of our family to paint and hang wallpaper to make my vision come to life. Hubby teases that her room is nicer than our room – and I have to admit, he is right. Now if only I can convince him to let me redecorate every room in the house. :)

Our weekly check up with Dr. Hodgson went well. He told me to relax and try to rest. My due date is still August 2 – we haven’t changed that – but I have been consistently measuring a week behind, so that does mean that my due date is probably off by a week. I feel slightly better knowing that I have more time before I have to decide how far past my due date to wait before scheduling a C-section. The only problem is that Dr. Hodgson is scheduled to be on vacation when I’m 40 weeks, so there is a possibility that he could be on vacation when I go into labor. I’m trying really hard not to worry about this, BUT I’m really hoping he’s here for her delivery. I feel comfortable with his partner, Dr. Lorraine Chun -- she’s great – but Dr. Hodgson has been there with us every step of this journey, and I’d love it if he was there with us to welcome baby girl into the world. 

I’m looking forward to my doctor’s appointment this Friday. We should find out if baby girl and I have made any progress. Look for an update in next week’s blog. She is definitely lower and I’m feeling more pressure -- hopefully she’s planning her escape.

2 comments: