Thursday, March 21, 2013

Daddy Spills the Beans

As promised, I have a funny story about Tom to share with you all. After we finalized our ultrasound date, Tom and I discussed keeping the appointment information a secret. The most important reason for this was to keep family and friends from badgering us after our appointment. Or so I thought…

Tom’s birthday was that week and I decided to throw him a little surprise dinner that weekend at one of his favorite restaurants. Of course everyone wanted to talk about the gender reveal party at dinner. My mother-in-law, Sam, was sitting next to me. During dinner, she leans over to me and asks, “When is your appointment?” I grin and tell her that we are keeping it a secret. She laughs and the conversation takes a different direction. About five minutes later, my father-in-law, Mike, leans across the table and asks Tom the same question. Now, in his defense, it was loud in the restaurant and he probably had no idea that Sam had just asked me. Before I could give Tom the do-not-tell look, he happily responds with Tuesday at 11:30 a.m. Well, there goes that secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment