Friday, March 15, 2013

Planning a Party

I feel like this week is never going to end.  I’m sitting here trying to think of what to write and all I have on my mind is my doctor’s appointment next week!  It doesn’t help that the little dancer or soccer player in my tummy is practicing nonstop. Those little kicks are getting stronger every day. It’s fun and strange at the same time to lie down and watch my stomach move and to see a poke here and there. I’m even starting to feel these movements as I’m going about my day. Baby must be growing!
To help distract me from the appointment, I have been working on next weekend’s gender reveal party for our family and friends. Hubby and I thought it would be a great way to tell everyone simultaneously whether Baby Floyd is a boy or girl. This new party trend was something I discovered within the last year on Pinterest, and I knew it was something I wanted to do. And Tom, being the wonderful husband that he is, supported me in this party planning adventure.
Everything for the party is really coming together with one final detail remaining… invitations. I only had a matter of days to design, print and mail my invitations on top of my regular routine of work, and being a mom and wife. After some online research (aka typing gender reveal invitations in Google), I found the most adorable invites. I was able to enter my information into an already designed template; the company sent me the file and then I had them printed locally. They cost me almost nothing, which was the best part. If only I had these resources when planning my wedding, or when I had Evan.
My family and friends have been beyond supportive in helping me plan and execute all the party details. My mom and my mother-in-law are helping me with the food. We are not only going to serve typical party foods, but we will also have a table with all of my cravings -- Twizzlers, donuts, cinnamon buns and Chick-fil-A lemonade. Again, keeping things local, we are having Café Torino in Warrenton make our gender reveal cake. The icing on the inside of the cake is being tinted blue for a boy or pink for a girl. Evan, being only 8 years old, is still learning to keep secrets, so he will be surprised at the party as well. We are going to have him cut into the cake so he will be the first to know whether he going to be a big brother to a little boy or girl.
Because the party would not be complete without a party game, guests are asked to wear blue or pink based on their guesses. They will have an opportunity for a second vote at the party after reading all of the old wives’ tales. I am so excited for these next two weeks. I hope I can keep it a secret from everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment